Experience with RESULTS since 2001!
Experience you can trust with the due diligence you deserve!
While serving YOU, the great citizens of Leander, since 2001 I have:
- As founding member, then Chairman of the groundbreaking Leander Parks & Recreational Development Board – worked to acquire additional parklands, bringing our total park space from a mere 25 acres closer to the national average of 150 acres for cities of our size. This Board developed the original City of Leander Parks & Recreation Master Plan which is a living breathing document built to grow with our citizenry.
- Acquired funding for the development of those parklands (Robin Bledsoe Park, Benbrook Ranch Park, Divine Lake, and Mason Creek Park) resulting in enjoyable parks specific to the needs and requests of our citizens taken directly from resident surveys. Your voices heard!
- Formed a focus group of local citizens to meet & work with the development firm for HEB to balance its unique store plans & adjacent developments with the needs specific to our community…a voice for YOU!
- Giving back! Back in the day, I worked with a core group of citizens & city officials to create what is now Leander’s very successful annual July 4th festival…Leander LibertyFest. In present day, the Red, White and Blue Committee works to find new venues for the festivities hoping to ultimately find a home for LibertyFest. Leander also celebrates the holiday season with our annual downtown Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony & Parade. Join us for summertime Movies in the Park. Visit the city’s website for more exciting activities www.LeanderTX.gov
- BCRUA-Brushy Creek Regional Utility Authority- a local partnership of Leander, Cedar Park and Round Rock to design and construct a regional water system that will supply treated water to the three communities.
Responsible planning: The regional concept ensures the responsible use of resources and the least impact on both the environment and neighboring communities.
Rather than three communities building three separate water supply projects—with three pipelines, three intakes, and three treatment plants, the BCRUA project streamlines the effort for minimum impact and maximum efficiency.
The regional option affords the three cities the opportunity to realize “economy of scale” savings of 30 percent, or more than $90 million.
- Served the citizens of Leander as a member of the Bond Task Force Committee to diligently create & pass the $12.4M Quality of Life bond package bringing our New Public Library, development of several City Parks, a New Fire Station & Police Facilities (greatly improving response time) along with many road & water improvements to further support new business for our future… allwithout a tax increase!